Friday, October 18, 2013

Ground Turkey, Brussel Sprouts and Zucchini

Last weekend I bought a pack of lean ground turkey from SaveMart, on sale. It's my first time using ground turkey in anything so I was a little hesitant. 

Cooking it was very similar to cooking regular hamburger. I kept waiting for the typical 'hamburger' smell but it never came. The smell was... different. Not bad, just different. 

I added
dribble of EVOO
1 lb.  ground turkey
2 garlic cloves 
couple tablespoons of green onion *I'm not a huge fan of onion*
dash of salt 
dash of pepper

Handfull of brussels 
*I used frozen, so I microwaved them a bit, I much prefer fresh brussels*
1/2 of a zucchini cut into 1/4's. 

While it's cooking, cut up the zucchini and cut brussels in 1/2. Let that cook until the ground turkey is just about fully cooked. I added a small amount of water if it got too dry. 

Toss in brussels and zucchini. Cook until veggies are tender, or less if you prefer crunchy. 

And there you go!! My first dish made with ground turkey.



No comments:

Post a Comment