Saturday, March 9, 2013

Chia Seeds and health stuffs :)

This is my first attempt at the famous 'green smoothie'. One a scale from I'd-Rather-Eat-Paint to Best-Thing-To-Enter-My-Mouth, I'd give it a 7. It wasn't bad at all!! 

My concoction: 
Kale
Spinach
Strawberries 
Banana
Plain Organic Yogurt
Splash of Whole Milk 
Honey
Kitchen Si... Wait... no. 
Chia Seeds


Threw it all in the blender. Watched it whirl around for a bit. Dumped contents into reusable Starbucks tumbler. Took a sip. Alas!! I'm still alive. It's quite tastey. My only complaint.... it's way too thick. I mean like... 'suck hard' kinda thick. My next one will have a few splashes of organic apple juice.
I made this before 7 AM and worked on it all throughout the day and had about an inch worth left in the cup after 5 PM. On a typical day I would be famished come lunch time but all I ate was a small Tupperware of left over enchiladas and some cashews. I felt full and satisfied for the whole day. Could it be the Chia seeds?? We shall see. I wanna give it a couple more days and see what happens.

That is my main goal... hopefully these little seeds will keep me full and satisfied and eliminate the 'bored' eating. Especially at work...

I've wanted to try Chia Seeds for some time now and finally bought some from Raley's. They did a small segment on them on Good Morning America and so far I've heard nothing but good things about them.
I'm going to try and incorporate them into different dishes and breakfast oatmeal.

For the first time I'm about 90% serious about getting my butt in gear and fix my mess of an eating habit. After watching several different documentaries about eating more God made foods rather than man made foods really struck a nerve. Man made food isn't 'food', it's assembled 'stuff' made to look like food. It has zero nutrients or just plain 'ol good stuff for you!!

I'm excited about this adventure!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment